22 February 2007

On to Gettysburg

I received a surprise phone call and invitation yesterday to speak at Gettysburg's 10th Annual History Meets the Arts Festival. I was not familiar with this event, but I've learned that the 3 day festival is very popular and includes presentations by artists, sculptors, living historians, reenactors, musicians, craftsmen, and authors:

"A celebration of all the arts… held among the charming historic streets of Gettysburg… surrounded by the beautiful, sacred grounds of the Gettysburg Battlefield. More than 50 events throughout the historic downtown including artist receptions, exhibits, book signings, historic tours, living history, period music and more. Come see art created before your eyes, or meet authors at exclusive book releases, talk to historians, and watch artisans create historically accurate pieces. All periods of history and all styles of visual and performing art are explored through this vibrant festival. 'The largest gathering of historical artists in the country.' Festival headquarters are located at the Historic Gettysburg Hotel, One Lincoln Square."

I will be speaking at 6 PM on Friday, April 13 at the historic Gettysburg Hotel (Pictured above). I will also be doing a book signing on Saturday. I love visiting Gettysburg and am looking forward to the trip as its been several years since I've been there.

No comments: