25 May 2007

The Bride of My Youth

This is an early anniversary tribute to the bride of my youth, the love of my life, my counsellor, best friend, and soul mate. I love my "Little Martha." Fortunately, I have been blessed with a wife that shares my Christian faith and love of HIStory. We will be celebrating our 27th anniversary next month. The mother of our 6 children, and grandmother to our 10 grandchildren, is still every bit as beautiful as she appears here in this photo with 3 of our granddaughters; taken just a couple of years ago.

Shortly after we were married, we discovered that we had a common ancestor! Morris Coffey, who fought for the Confederacy in the 51st Virginia Infantry, is buried on Love Mountain, just a stone's throw from our home and is our great-great grandfather. This Southern belle and wild mountain flower is my treasure.

5 comments:

Michael Aubrecht said...

Congrats Richard! 23 years, 6 children, and 10 grandchildren are all blessings indeed. My wife and I celebrated our 13th (married) - 21st (together) last week as we started dating when I was 14 and she 15. She is the first and only woman that I ever kissed and now that I am reflecting on it... that must have been SOME smooch. :) Enjoy your anniversary and here's to many-many more!

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Thanks Michael! (But its 27) ;)

Lawrence Underwood said...

Congratulations! What a blessing is a godly wife.

Meg, Vernon, and the girls said...

Those sure are some beautiful girls if I do say so myself! Seriously, as your daughter, I can say that the example that you and Mom have set is one that we look to often. Here's to 27 more!!

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Thanks for that unbiased compliment Megan! :)