16 August 2007

Mystery in Ole Lexington

What mystery and astonishing discovery in old Lexington, Virginia is our sleuth-author-historian, Richard Williams, working on now? Where will his curiosity lead him next? Could it be the lost Confederate gold treasure that was supposedly discovered decades ago at Natural Bridge by an excavating contractor, whom then mysteriously disappeared? Could it be a 140 year-old hidden grave leading to yet more questions and mysteries? Could it be the missing Sunday school lessons that Stonewall Jackson taught to his now famous Black Sunday school? Could it be the lost writings of VMI’s first Superintendent Francis H. Smith, which detailed Lexington’s “great revivals” of 1856 and 1869? Could it be new revelations about the stabbing death of VMI Cadet Thomas Blackburn in the alley next to the Presbyterian Church in 1854? Could all of these things be somehow related? What mysteries do the side streets and dark alley-ways of Old Lexington still hold?

Why was Richard followed all the way home on Lee-Jackson highway the other night, from Lexington, by a mysterious, black SUV with dark-tinted windows? Is he in any danger because there are evil-doers who wish this secret to remain hidden?

Who are his cohorts? How soon will they be able to reveal their discovery? Or will the truth die with them? Stay tuned, dear reader, stay tuned.

6 comments:

Michael Aubrecht said...

Staying tuned my friend. God speed.

Lawrence Underwood said...

The suspense is killing me. Believe it or not I caught myself a few times today wondering if you were going to post it tonight. . . .

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

That is the whole idea my friend! :) - but, alas, not tonight. Things are moving forward though. This will be an interesting story, I assure you. I did embellish the story, but just a little.

Michael C. Hardy said...

Love it!

tom said...

Nice observation, thanks. I don’t visit your blog every day, but when I
visit your blog I enjoy browsing through your old posts and try to catch up
what I have missed since my last visit.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Thanks for visiting Tom.