21 February 2008

Uh Oh

There's trouble brewing out West gentlemen:

"In a joint resolution from the Montana leaders, including Congressman Denny Rehberg, they caution that should the Supreme Court decide to change the U.S. interpretation of the 2nd Amendment and allow those rights to apply only collectively, it would violate the contract under which Montana entered the union as a state."

And they're serious. Read their resolution here.

Hmmm . . . what is the implied threat here? I just watched a Kit Carson documentary on my local PBS station Monday night (next week's documentary will be about William Cody, a.k.a. "Buffalo Bill") and them boys out west mean business.

Story here.

(And yes, I know, Carson fought for the Union.)

2 comments:

Lawrence Underwood said...

I applaud the stance for endowed individual freedoms and States Rights. I wonder if they fully understand the implications of what they are doing?

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

So do I, "endowed" being the operative word here. Those Montana boys are known to be a wild bunch. Someone might want to let them know that the State's independence thing has been tried before though.