28 June 2008

My Student Gets an "A"

For the last few months, I've been helping a homeschooled student with a research paper about Stonewall Jackson. Though a junior in high school, this young lady is taking classes at a local community college earning dual credits. She was a delight to work with, asked excellent questions, was diligent in her research, and received a well-deserved "A" on her paper. Below is an email I received from her earlier today:
Dear Mr. Williams,

Attached to this e-mail is my completed research paper. I received an "A" grade for the paper, and for the entire course overall as well (despite the fact that my teacher was prone to the revisionist view of history so prevalent in today's academic community). I hope you enjoy the paper.

Thank you so much for all of the help you have contributed over the past few months--your answers and advice not only assisted me in writing the paper, but also gave me a fuller understanding and appreciation for Stonewall Jackson. I know that you have many other obligations in life and I appreciate that you took the time to provide thorough and thoughtful answers to my questions.

I also want to thank you for continuing to protect and fight for an accurate understanding and appreciation of America's heritage--which you accomplish in part through your books and your blog. Thank you for your efforts.


Crystal Marshall

Thank YOU Miss Marshall. You give me hope for the future. Keep up the good work and may God bless you in all your future endeavors!

No comments: