20 June 2008

Two Very Proud Fathers

My 27 year-old son, Zachary, called me yesterday morning and told me he had met with one of America's best known and respected Master Farriers (horseshoer for you non-horse people) and was offered a job that would entail flying all over the United States working on very high dollar horses. The position would start with a base salary of $65,000 plus all expenses paid. My son's own reputation as a knowledgeable farrier with a solid work ethic is spreading quickly. He's only been out of farrier school for 3 1/2 years.

While that is certainly something that would make any father proud, I was much prouder of my son's response to this lucrative offer:

"I'm very grateful, but I want to work close to home so I can watch my two daughters grow up."

His response is particularly noteworthy since his business has slowed in recent weeks. But that's ok son, you won't regret your decision. You have many years ahead of you to make money, but only one opportunity to watch your daughters grow into Christian young ladies and to make sure they do just that.

3 comments:

Michael Aubrecht said...

Good job parenting Dad. VERY Good job.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Mom gets a little credit too. :)

Anonymous said...

Outstanding, sir!