12 March 2009

Don't Confuse Us With The Facts

When the statists lose an argument or debate, when the facts clearly show they're in the wrong, when common sense reveals their idiocy, when their actions prove their hypocrisy, they simply resort to the only thing they have left: force and intimidation.

A North Carolina judge has ordered three children to attend public schools this fall because the homeschooling their mother has provided over the last four years needs to be "challenged." The children, however, have tested above their grade levels – by as much as two years.

Story here. Can't have those little crumb-crunchers missing out on all the indoctrination, now can we?

4 comments:

James F. Epperson said...

I'm not sure I would rely on WorldNetDaily here. Reading between the lines of their story, this looks in part like one aspect of a divorce case, that the father doesn't approve of some of the religious aspects of what the mother is doing, and wants his kids in public school in order to have some of the ideas challenged. Frankly, if that is the case, I think the judge is doing the right thing.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Why am I not surprised you'd take that position?

Greg Rowe said...

This is not unusual. Students who have been home-schooled or schooled in religiously-affiliated preivate schools are often "challenged" in the legal system, in spite of enhanced academic performance. I graduated from a private religiously-affiliated school and have operated very successfully in society, but I elect to teach in public schools to challenge my students, academically, the way I was challenged. I'm just one guy, but most of my students and parents seem to like the way I teach history and challenge ideas, truly challenge my students to think for themselves.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Hello Greg. It may not be unusual, but it is very disturbing. My oldest daughter was a history major, has her teaching certificate, but chose to homeschool her 4 daughters.

Best,
RGW