23 April 2009

Five Star Recommendation

I link to this site and have recommended it before, but just as a reminder, this site is, in my humble opinion, the best on the internet for exploring the culture, history, and heritage of the Shenandoah Valley. Imagine a site that can be enjoyed by NPR listeners as well as SCV members. Yeah, I know, hard to believe, but I think many of you will agree it's quite diverse and there really is something there for anyone who appreciates the history and culture of the Shenandoah Valley.

Of particular interest are their shorts of the excellent Roadtrip To History video series. Check it out here. Every day features a new clip. They also offer a daily radio podcast you can listen to on the home page which features attractions, stories, and other topics of interest.

4 comments:

James F. Epperson said...

Just an FYI: my wife and I honeymooned in the Shenandoah area, 26 years ago, and loved it --- except for the "rabid raccoons" that tried to get into our cabin one night (according to my wife).

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Well, by all means James, do come back some time!

RW

James F. Epperson said...

Oh, hell, we've been back a few times!

James F. Epperson said...

We've been back more than once. It is not as special as the first time, though...