21 May 2009

Take The Civics Quiz

Hat tip to fellow history blogger and publisher Ted Savas for suggesting this Civics Quiz. I missed 2, #'s 27 & 33. I could still make my argument for my answers, though. ;o)

My score was 93.94% - not too shabby though Ted only missed one. I'll take a B on a test I didn't study for and rushed through!

Anyway, I did beat the national average which is 74.8% - and I never finished college. I only bring that up due to the lack of knowledge about civics and history I find among college graduates. The summary and findings are quite interesting and point this fact out. Is it safe to say that academia and our nation's educational system are failing itheir "customers?" I think so.

Ok class, close your books, put your notes away and take the quiz. Please report back with your scores. This is on the honor system, no looking at your classmate's paper.

8 comments:

James F. Epperson said...

I missed four questions, all in the economics tail-end of the quiz, and like you, I think a case could be made for some of my wrong answers.

The quiz pretty clearly has an agenda, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Given the final section of the quiz, which is less on civics and more on free-market economics, I would not bee too concerned about national averages on this quiz.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Hey James. I'm not sure if "agenda" is the right word . . . "slant" perhaps.

I would have to say that economics and civics are related. Don't sweat it though, you still passed.

;O)

RGW

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Thank you Smitty. You're brilliant.

Marc Ferguson said...

I got 32 of 33, so how hard can it be?

;^)

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Marc:

I thought it was pretty easy too. Pretty basic stuff in my opinion.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Marc - I missed your self-effacing humor at first. You did very well grasshopper.

;o)

Anonymous said...

Crap! 78.79% ,,, I missed 7 :(

Barry
Florida

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Barry:

Hit the books!

;o)