06 February 2010

Snowstorm Update


It began snowing here at the foot of the Blue Ridge in the Shenandoah Valley about daybreak yesterday and is still snowing as I post this photo taken about 15 minutes ago. This shot was taken from my porch looking south toward my daughter's and son in law's home. We have close to 2 feet and the snow is supposed to continue until this evening some time. (Click image to enlarge.)

**Relevant Update:

“The global warming movement as we have known it is dead,” the brilliant analyst Walter Russell Mead says in his blog on The American Interest. It was done in by a combination of bad science and bad politics. 

Which is why one should always be skeptical of so-called "experts." More here.


4 comments:

Lawrence Underwood said...

Whoa. That is a a lot of snow.

Anonymous said...

What an incredible photo! Very beautiful! Hard for me to grasp as I sit here with my windows open and the sun shining.

Barry H.
Lakeland, Florida

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Yes, and still snowing at 3:15 pm. My neighbor will be plowing us out tomorrow morning, we hope.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Hello Barry - Yes, it is quite beautiful, though I'm beginning to yearn for some of that sunshine!