08 March 2010

Aubrecht's Move


Fellow history blogger and friend, Michael Aubrecht, recently made the decision to focus his work on the Colonial period of American history. Though I will miss his commentary and writings in the field of Civil War history, I can certainly understand the move. First of all I, too, find that period of American history fascinating. As a boy, I spent countless hours reading juvenile biographies of Washington, Jefferson, Madison, and, my personal favorite, Patrick Henry; as well as other great men who led a fledgling republic to victory over the most powerful army in the world. It is a period that continues to hold great interest for me as well.

Secondly, just like the WBTS, Virginia was at the center of America's War for Independence. Virginia provided the colony's greatest general and military leader, just as she did in the Civil War. 

And thirdly, during these chaotic times in our Nation - both politically and economically - the period of our Nation's founding deserves much more attention. In order to navigate forward in such tumultuous times and to be able to discern the deceivers and charlatans who would wreck the ship of state on the rocky shores, the period of America's founding can serve as a lighthouse and guide to steer us back to those principles of freedom and liberty that birthed the greatest Nation on earth. In order to move forward with wisdom, its always a good idea to first look back.

I wish you well Michael and look forward to seeing what comes out of this new direction. My readers would be well-advised to visit Michael's blog often.

5 comments:

MSimons said...

I am going to miss his CW posting also. But the Early Years need more coverage than they are getting.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

I agree Mike.

Bob Pollock said...

"Secondly, just like the WBTS, Virginia was at the center of America's War for Independence. Virginia provided the colony's greatest general and military leader, just as she did in the Civil War."

Richard, Grant was born and raised in Ohio and re-enlisted from Illinois. ;)

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Thanks Bob, but I was actually thinking of someone else.

;o)

RW

Michael said...

Thank you gentlemen. I will strive to be worthy of your continued attention.