31 March 2010

A Great Weekend


This past weekend was quite memorable for a number of reasons. Over the next few days, I'll be posting some comments about Liberty University's annual Civil War seminar which I attended this past weekend. I'll also ask for some help about a most unusual artifact that was recently donated to the Chaplains Museum. The keynote for the conference was delivered at the Friday night banquet by James I. Robertson, Jr. Since the theme for the seminar was "Jine the Cavalry", Bud's comments centered around that topic. His talk was, as always, quite interesting and he also spent some time discussing the forgotten players in the WBTS - the horses. Professor Robertson also took a swipe at political correctness stating (paraphrasing) that, "Despite what the PC crowd claims, we still need heroes." I've posted before on that point here.

Also on Friday night, I had the privilege to finally meet fellow CW blogger and author, Eric Wittenberg. Eric was there with his wife and also introduced me to Greg Biggs. Both Eric and Greg spoke at the seminar on Saturday. Unfortunately, I was unable to hear Greg's presentation as Eric's talk on George Custer was at the same time. Eric's presentation was as entertaining as it was informative and I'd recommend that if you ever have an opportunity to hear him speak, that you avail yourself to it. You won't be disappointed.

More tomorrow.

3 comments:

MSimons said...

I am envious of you this week. As a SBC Minister I really want to get to CW Chaplins Museum.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Mike - we'd love to have you. It is quite unique.

MSimons said...

Thanks one day when the kid is out of the house I will have the money to come and see it.