12 April 2010

I Agree With Dr. Woodworth - George Mason Agrees With Me


"Our worldview makes a world of difference to the way we approach history. The world is a much different place if 'all men are created equal and are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights' than it is if all that exists is the result of chance plus time." ~ Professor Steven E. Woodworth

"As nations cannot be rewarded or punished in the next world, they must be in this. By an inevitable chain of causes & effects, Providence punishes national sins by national calamities." ~ George Mason

As I noted in comments on this post in response to a critic:

"I believe the Almighty established certain laws of cause and effect (or "sowing and reaping") that govern the universe and there are consequences for actions - both positive and negative . . . Reaping and sowing. Cause and effect. Immutable laws set in motion by the Almighty."

3 comments:

MSimons said...

My Seminary Training in the Bible and My Personal Relationship with Jesus has lead me to agree with the Men you have Quoted.

Steven Mynes said...

I agree wholeheartedly with Professor Woodworth. Mason's view is more problematic. How do we know when and where?

I think this is a matter of faith that cannot be proven logically, and it's pointless to argue it with those of different faiths, or no faith at all. That does not invalidate it, or make it a less valuable perspective.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Thanks Steven.