20 May 2010

5th Year Anniversary


I almost missed it. Today, the 20th of May (with over 1400 posts under my belt), marks my 5th anniversary of "adding my 2 cents worth" via blogging about Old Virginia, "the Southern mind, local community, Burkean conservatism, the folkways of ancestors, and an unwavering orthodox Christian faith."


My first post
was rather brief and simple, but contained many of the above elements:

"Last evening, I had the joy of going horseback riding with my daughter, son, and daughter-in-law. We were able to enjoy the blessing of riding through the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains behind our home. God's creation never ceases to amaze me - the lush green grass that carpets the old logging roads in the mountains, the blooming mountain laurel, and the abundant wild life all manifest the glory of God's handiwork. May I never grow accustomed to the miracle of Creation!"


14 comments:

Kevin said...

Congratulations Richard! We may have our disagreements, but I have nothing but respect for those of us who stick with this format. It's not easy.

Kevin at Civil War Memory

Chaps said...

Daughter of the Stars.

The Warrior said...

Great post, great FIRST post, and, once again, it's a benefit and also might I add an immense pleasure to have you with us in the blogosphere.

Press on!

Spencer

Michael Aubrecht said...

CONGRATS my friend! Here's to many more years of making my days.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Thanks Spencer.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Thanks Michael. I'd like to chat with you about something some time. Shoot me your phone number in a private email at your convenience.

Kevin said...

I guess my last comment didn't get through. Just wanted to wish you a happy blogiversary. We have our differences, but I respect anyone who sticks it out in this format.

13thBama said...

Congratulations! Here is to five more (at least) !

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

13B - thank you Sir!

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Thank you Kevin. Given our often heated differences and disagreements, that is very big of you to congratulate me. I appreciate it. Have a safe and enjoyable summer.

MSimons said...

Congrads Richard the time sure does fly by.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Thanks Mike.

Rebel Raider said...

Mr. Williams,

I have heard it said that back in the old days that a Tarheel would tip his hat or remove it (can't remember which) upon meeting a Virginia gentleman. This harks back to a time when gentlemanly codes of conduct were still maintained. I suspect it was done as a acknowledgment of Virginians being the progenitors of southern civilization. I believe it was Richard Weaver who pointed this out though don't quote me on that.

So, here is a 'hat tip' for an excellent blog and for hopefully many more years to come.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Thank you RR!