10 June 2010

The Objectivity Of Academia


Yeah, right.

"These so-called scholars have freely admitted, in their own words, that they intend to 'undermine the credibility and arguments' of those who happen to hold opposing viewpoints to theirs. No unbiased research methodology, no respect for the opinions of others, no intellectual honesty. Just pure propaganda, put to the service of their ideology. That’s not scholarship: it’s naked advocacy."

Just a follow up to my previous post. More here.

2 comments:

martin said...

Richard,

It's not just scholars. I don't know if you had a chance to check out the FTC document on redefining media.

It's 47 pages of unadulterated ick.

Reading it was infuriating. I've written up a synopsis here.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Martin:

Thanks. Yes, I know. You will discover that many of my posts are "hit and run" - think John Mosby ;o).

That is by design as I simply don't have the time I'd like to have to write everything that needs to be said on many of these issues.

Anyway, I appreciate your comments and your more detailed piece. I hope my readers will take advantage of the link you've provided. The proposals are quite Orwellian and chilling. That being said, I don't think they have a prayer any time soon. We shall see.

Best,
RW