29 June 2010

Political Persecution . . .


Of an eleven year-old. In the sixth grade. In a public school. At what point does "anecdotal evidence" become "Hey, we just might have a problem here" ?
******************************************************

"My name is Sam Besserman, I'm eleven years old, I live in Beverly Hills, California, and ever since I can remember I have been subjected to political bias in school. The first time I noticed the bias was actually in preschool,  where the teacher was reading a book about the importance of mothers and the inferiority of fathers. I tried to tell the teacher that dads might be just as important. The teacher responded in a sing-song, "No, listen to me, I'm the teacher." 

And . . . 

"we learned that America was the big, bad exploiter, and the countries my parents grew up believing were evil were not so bad after all. I asked my father about these issues practically every night, and he taught me the meaning of moral relativism. I thought he was being too kind, and I characterized it, instead, as moral inversion."

And . . .

"One day, during a game of dodgeball, the old assistant P.E. teacher yelled to the other students to "Get the Republican, get the Republican!" meaning me. "

And . . .

"The liberal intimidation was getting so commonplace that I became afraid to talk anymore. The last straw came when one of the other social studies teachers told all the students that we would sign a pledge together to reduce our carbon footprints. Naturally, I refused. No one was going to coerce me into signing something I didn't believe."

And . . . 

"My country is undermining itself in its schools. It's teaching boys that they can't even compete with girls. It's teaching those of us who have pride in our country that it is misplaced [anti-American Exceptionalism]. It's teaching nonsense and claiming that it's science. But possibly, even more usefully, I think I have struck comedy gold."




You can read this young man's complete story, in his own words, here at the American Thinker. Ok, let's hear it . . . just more "anecdotal evidence" from an outsider?

10 comments:

13thBama said...

Don't fall for the Jedi mind trick, "You are not seeing evidence of indoctrination of your children."

"You like how your children are being molded"

msimons said...

Everyday I realize more and more how blessed I am to be living in the South and in the Republic of Texas.

Michael Lynch said...

I read the kid's column, and given the stellar grammar and vocabulary, I rate his education a complete success. My sincere congratulations to the teachers of Beverly Hills, CA on a job well done.

--ML

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Michael:

My congratulations would go to the parents. I find it extremely odd that you completely overlook what this kid experienced because of his political beliefs. Extremely odd.

13thBama said...

...and there it is, the Jedi Mind trick!

Michael Lynch said...

I find it equally odd that this kid would try to remove his own genitals because of something he heard in preschool.

You guys really need to develop a healthier sense of humor.

--ML

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

ML - I have a great sense of humor. As a matter of fact, it's quite funny that those on the left go ape-poop over textbooks in Texas and will then excuse or wink at something like this kid went through -actual persecution for his political beliefs.

There's more going on here than preschool experience. You need to develop a healthier sense of reality.

Rebel Raider said...

ML-

I fear you are being too dismissive of the plight of this young boy. It is becoming increasingly clear that no amount of anecdotal evidence is going to convince you of bias in our schools. Your last comment is a clear indication that you didn't take the time to read the linked column. He stated that he "felt like" removing his genitals due to him being a member of an "embattled gender." It is obviously a result of the feminization of our culture, and the negative reinforcement by both the media and schools systems regarding the male gender. Most young males have very little contact with male role models due in no small part, given that most pre-school and elementary teachers are women.

How many commercials must one see of a man who is unable to find his own backside with both hands, without the aid of a woman. This is replicated countless times in movies, sit-coms, and commercials. Incidently, I lived in the Middle-East for a time, and saw none of the subliminal propaganda so pervasive in the West.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

RR:

It's obvious the boy was being facetious, yet Michael chose to focus on that aspect of the article rather than the legitimate topic and obvious injustice. I honestly don't understand that.

Michael Lynch said...

"Incidently, I lived in the Middle-East for a time, and saw none of the subliminal propaganda so pervasive in the West."

That doesn't surprise me. I've heard from several reliable sources that male disempowerment isn't much of a problem in that neck of the woods.

"It's obvious the boy was being facetious[.]"

I had assumed it would be obvious that I was, too.

--ML