22 August 2010

The Answer To - What's In the Bag?

A regular hamburger and fries from Five Guys Burgers & Fries.



In a recent national survey, the burger chain, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, won the number one spot for best burger. When ordered to go, this tasty man's meal comes in a plain brown bag. (See previous post.) This is just a regular burger with ketchup (lots of it) only - just the way I like it. My tastes are simple - I simply like the best. The photo of the burger really doesn't do it justice. It's actually 2 burgers stacked on a lightly grilled bun. Fresh ground beef, grilled while you wait. Check out the healthy portion of fries. The cup they serve them in is full, the rest they just toss in the bag for good measure. The meat is never frozen, just kept in a cooler. Much fresher. Fries are cooked in peanut oil. The chain started in Arlington, Virginia.

3 comments:

markerhunter said...

I must agree with your dining choice! The taste reminds me of those family run restaurant/gas station/market stores all around rural America. I often go out of my way to have "business lunch" at a Five Guys. Freeks out the salad and tofu customers!

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Hey Craig. You're right about those rural convenience type stores. And they still flourish in many parts of Virginia - and I assume other areas of the US as well. I often tell my wife (half joking, half serious), look for the oldest, greasiest looking place in some rural area and you'll often find a dining treasure. Five Guys doesn't fit that bill of course, but their burgers are amazing.

msimons said...

Nothing like a good local greasy spoon as we refer to them in Texas.