06 August 2010

Hope & Change


Social Security in red for first time.

Postal service loses 3.5 billion.

FANNIE MAE wants $1.5 billion from US taxpayers after 12th straight loss.

New claims for jobless benefits jump.

Record Number of Americans Receiving Food Stamp Benefits.

Michelle Obama and party go on vacation and occupy 70 rooms in a 5 star hotel at $2500 per night per room at taxpayers expense.

"Just this month, Obama told ABC the First Couple is 'not that far removed from what most Americans are going through.'"

**Update: Mrs. Obama spends $75k per day on Spanish vacation. She's obviously not feeling our pain. Spreading the wealth around?


6 comments:

Chaps said...

I forget where I saw this but it is apropos: "You only have to look at the government in Washington to see what 300,000 Confederate soldiers died to prevent."

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Chaps - I believe the quote was from John Shelton Reed and it went like this: "You only have to look at Atlanta to see what 300,000 Confederate soldiers died to prevent." I believe he was referring to the corruption, crime, and "yankeefication" of the city.

The Washington version is much more appropriate.

msimons said...

While it is reported she paid for the trip I am sure she did not pay for AF2 or the 70 SS agents that went along.

Poor timing on this trip. They should have been like the Bush's and stayed stateside.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

I've not seen that report.

Chaps said...

I went to college in Atlanta in the mid 60's. Went to grad school there in early 70's and was astonished at the change. Reed quote certainly applies there too. I refer to my area as "occupied Northern Virginia" for similar reasons. It is a different State below the Rappahannock Line.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Chaps - yes, I live in Yeoman occupied Virginia ;o)