13 September 2010

The Angel Movie & The Civil War Chaplains Museum

Posting will probably be rather light over the next 10 days or so. I'll be headed out of town toward week's end for some VERY MUCH needed R & R with my lovely bride. A one night stay in a mountain resort, then to Lynchburg on Saturday afternoon to have supper with my friends Michael Aubrecht (and crew) of The Angel Movie and Kenny Rowlette, director of the Chaplains Museum. After attending the film screening Saturday night, we'll be staying at the historic Carter Glass Mansion. Then, after church Sunday morning, my wife and I will drive to Virginia Beach for a couple of days of vacation and then I'll be in business meetings for three days. I may find time to upload a couple of posts, though I will begin my involvement in a number of projects that will soon be taking much larger chunks of my time. 

If any of you are in Virginia, and can take the time, please make plans to attend the film screening next Saturday evening at Liberty University. The event will be a benefit and fundraiser for the National Civil War Chaplains Museum (website being revised). Director Rowlette discusses the details in the video below:

 

4 comments:

13thBama said...

I lived in Virginia Beach for twenty years. If you need some restaurant referrals, let me know.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

13B - I've not been to VB in quite a few years. I want good seafood. Recommendations?

13thBama said...

Captain George's is a buffet, but was about 25 bucks a plate when I left. Lynnhaven Fish House was good when we lived there. We always enjoyed Rudy's on the Inlet. Man, now I am starting to miss it :)

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

I've eaten at Capt. George's before. Thanks!