08 September 2010

Fall In Old Virginia


The signs of the coming of fall here in Virginia have been with us for over a month. Yes, even during the blistering days of August, the acorns had already begun to fall and the leaves on the hickories, the walnuts, and other trees were already turning. It doesn't quite "feel" like autumn yet, but no doubt that is also just around the corner. Though I'm still wearing one of my cotton blazers most days, I'll soon be sporting one of my Harris Tweeds. And since so many folks in my part of Virginia are of Scots-Irish descent (including me), I thought this video would be appropriately timed: From Scotland - The History of Tweed. Great video. Hat tip to A Continuous Lean.

2 comments:

13thBama said...

I never knew the history of Harris Tweed. Thanks for sharing. I will have to make a trip to the shop in Lexington that sells all kinds of Scottish wares.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

You're welcome. I didn't know either.