08 January 2011

Gods & Generals - The Director's Cut


Fans of Gods & Generals (like me) have long wondered when (and if) the 6 hour director's cut of Gods & Geneerals was ever going to be released. The long wait is over. The world premier of the director's cut will be shown at the Hylton Performing Arts Center in Manassas, Virginia July 22 & 23, 2011. You can read more here and here.

We can all exect the oh so predictable sneering criticism from the community organizers of the Civil War and entertainment blogosphere. Ignore them and see this longer version if you can.

4 comments:

The Warrior said...

I'm busting up in beyond-giddy-happiness. My favorite movie of all time, almost doubled in length? Oh man, oh, maaann......

Will cross-post soon....

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

6 hours - they could almost make a mini-series out of it!

13thBama said...

On a like note, if you didnt already know, The Civil War, the Ken Burns film is now on iTunes for $49. I had a mini marathon today :). Gods & Generals will be my next purchase!

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Hey 13B - Burns' film is also available on Netflix. I happen to be watching "Have Gun Will Travel" on Netflix as I blog and do some other work in my office.