05 January 2011

Somethin' I Saw Today - Post #1

As I travel extensively in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley, I'm often presented opportunities in rather rural areas to snap some interesting photos. So today begins another series - "Somethin' I Saw Today." These will simply be pictures of things I find interesting here in the Valley - many will be history related, some will not. Today's shot is of the swinging footbridge in Rockbridge Baths, Virginia. The bridge spans the Maury River - so named after Confederate officer, Matthew Fontaine Maury, the "Pathfinder of the Seas." You can click on image to enlarge.

2 comments:

13thBama said...

Nice bridge! Will you cover (no pun intended) the covered bridge just off 11?

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Meems' Bottom? Yes, at some point I'm sure I'll be up that way.