08 February 2011

Over-Simplification At The Virginia Historical Society

Sometime later this week I hope to post some comments about the Virginia Historical Society's new exhibit, An American Turning Point: The Civil War in Virginia.

While I am completely aware of the impact of political correctness in historiography and moderns' love affair with conformity, even I was a bit surprised that part of the exhibit is so overly simplistic as to be embarrassing. 

I hasten to add that the VHS has done some wonderful work in preserving and promoting Virginia's rich history and cultural heritage, but it is quite apparent that they failed miserably in at least one aspect regarding this exhibit.

2 comments:

Clint said...

Political correctness, conformity and the destruction of free speech is destroying this country. I look forward to your comments.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Thanks Clint.