09 March 2011

So Who's Distorting Our History?



Hmmm . . . is leaving out a significant portion of the Declaration of Indpendence a "gaff?" Not if you do it three times. You're either embarassingly ignorant or intentionally distorting. Pay attention at about 1:15 into the video. Let's see how many of the "professional" historians point this out. Probabaly about as many as were concerned about public school teachers distorting the Constitution, which I pointed out in this post. Yes, the citizen-organized, grassroots Tea Party are a bunch of know-nothing Bozos when it comes to our history, but a Harvard educated, constitutional law professor, and former U.S. Senator just misspoke. I guess he left the teleprompter at home.


5 comments:

Suzan said...

Nice Blog! I'm checking out other blogs trying to find out how to get recognized.
I'm making daily entries, coping a CW Journal by a soldier from Co. E, 59th Reg. Indiana Vol Infantry!
Hope you'll check it out!
Thanks,
Suzan
http://thecivilwarjournalofjohnflester.blogspot.com/

capn't jak said...

I would think as a Christian you would appreciate the omission of Thomas Jefferson's wording, "their creator." Jefferson frequently mocked Christianity.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

I think you would be wrong.

"And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out." - Luke 19:40

If the Lord would accept acknowledgment from stones, I'm sure he would not fault the Sage of Virginia.

Dick Stanley said...

Amen, I say enthusiastically, as a descendant of TJ's sister.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Dick - thanks.