22 August 2011

Quote Of The Month - August 2011


“I’ll work every day to try to make Washington, D.C., as inconsequential in your life as I can.” ~ Texas Governor Rick Perry

Oh if we could only dream of such a day.

Review of Scott Patchan's book coming soon . . . just been a bit busy as of late, but have several interesting posts in the hopper, plus an underwater relic hunt planned for later this week. Where? Somewhere in the United States is as about as descriptive as I'm gonna be for now. Should be interesting though. More to come next week on that along with, I hope, some good video. It should be quite an adventure . . . canoes, compasses, and Confederate booty.


6 comments:

Chaps said...

The New River, near Narrows?

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Hey Chaps - due to a number of reasons, I can't tell. But, no, its not the New River.

Chaps said...

My brother-in-law was scrounging around in the river there and came up with some droop-wing buttons and wagon hardware. He hoped he had discovered the long-lost treasure (rumored to have passed nearby on way west). Alas.

Douglas Hill said...

That adventure sounds intriguing, Rick. You are incredibly Blessed to live where you do and have such opportunities available. Make the most of it!

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Chaps - someone should go back to that spot with a metal detector. I'm up for it - what do you say? I'll buy supper.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Doug - Yes, Doug, blessed indeed. One of my favorite Scripture verses was written by King David in Psalms 16:6 - "The lines [boundary] are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage."

David understood his "sense of place" (unlike many) and was grateful for it. According to Spurgeon: "David believed in an overruling destiny which fixed the bounds of his abode, and his possessions; he did more, he was satisfied with all the appointment of the predestinating God."

However, just to be clear, I never said this particular adventure would be in Virginia. ;o)