02 September 2011

Real Men Are Southerners


According to a recent study, the "manliest cities" are located overwhelmingly in the South. As a matter of fact, the top 3 are all quintessential Southern cities - #1- Nashville, #2 - Charlotte, #3 - Oklahoma City (OK, #3 may be a bit more Western than Southern, but it still qualifies)

Even more striking is the fact that out of the top 14 , 9 are Southern towns. Not one from the wimpy northeast. No surprise there. ;o)

More here.

Coming soon - The Lost Cause Wins in Lexington

5 comments:

Danny McCoy said...

But did you see what qualified for manly? I wonder if that is what really constitutes a "Man"!

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Hello Danny. Yes, I did. Looks good to me.

Danny said...

I am a manly man, at least my wife thinks so, but I don't get what would be manly magazines...I get Blue & Grey and Model Railroader.

I guess I don't qualify...oh well.

The Warrior said...

Haha, I love it! Crossposted.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Danny - I don't see any reference to "manly magazines" in the study/article. "Beauty magazines", yes - but I think those subscribers fit in the other category.

Blue and Grey and Model Railroader would not help one get in touch w/his feminine side. Therefore, I would concur w/Mrs. McCoy.