14 October 2011

Metal Detecting Post #51 - Recovery Of The Month - October 2011

Fellow relic hunter and detectorist, Beau Ouimette, made quite the find this past summer. You've got to watch this to believe it.






By the way, I have laid tentative plans to do a joint article/interview about metal detecting with a professional historian for one of the national relic hunting publications. The actual interview with a legendary relic hunter and collector will take place some time in November or December. The piece will likely be published some time next spring. I'll discuss this more once the piece is completed and has been officially accepted for publication. It should be a fascinating article.

4 comments:

13thBama said...

Awesome! It certainly makes one want a Garrett AT Pro :)

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

13B - I've got one. You get us a good place to hunt in your neck of the woods and I'll bring it along for you to use. I'll use my White's.

It is a nice machine, though I've mainly used it in the water.

Douglas Hill said...

While I suffer little from gold or silver lust, naturally I would have loved such an experience; what a thrill. I can't say we're equipmentally(?) challenged, we just need the stars in their courses to our favour, to borrow from Shelby Foote, who borrowed from the book of Judges.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

"we just need the stars in their courses to our favour"

No, we just need more time. We'll be ready next summer. ;o)