06 February 2012

The WBTS In Southwest Virginia

My wife and I were in Southwest Virginia and North Carolina over the weekend. We had a great time at a Ralph Stanley concert and visiting the church where my nephew pastors. I absolutely love that part of the country. Still largely rural and holding on to much of its heritage, its one of the few places I wouldn't mind living if I didn't live in the Shenandoah Valley. My wife and I plan a trip back this summer as we want to travel the Crooked Road. Anyway, I came across this video about the Civil War in SW Virginia and thought my readers might enjoy it.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

LOVE THIS! My husband is from SW Virginia and his family is still there - we visit a couple times a year and if it wasn't for lack of job opportunities we would consider moving back.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Thanks Lindsay. Its a beautiful place and so rich in culture and history. I love it.