21 March 2012

Gone Relic Huntin'

By the time this posts Wednesday evening, I'll be in the Culpeper, Virginia area preparing for a three day Civil War relic hunt beginning on Thursday. I will try to post a few pics while "in the field." For three days and pproximately 12 hours each day, I'll be walking, swinging a metal detector, and digging lots of holes. I will be plum worn out by Saturday night. Last year's event saw cool, damp weather. This year, temperatures are predicted to be in the high 70's to low 80's - lots of sweating. But I've been preparing. I've dropped a few pounds, have been exercising more, and getting all my gear ready. I've also stocked up on the Aleve - I'm gonna need it. ;o) I've been looking forward to this event for many months now and hope to return Saturday night with some interesting stories, photos, and videos to share.

This particular site is rumored to be a "virgin" site when it comes to organized hunts. We shall see. Wish me happy huntin'!

No comments: