22 June 2012

Writing Projects Update


As readers here may recall, I've been working on a book to be published by the History Press which will be about the Civil War in Lexington, Virginia. Unfortunately, my PC was infected with a really nasty virus late last year and this destroyed a number of related files and put me way behind schedule. However, I hope to complete that book and have it to the publisher by year's end. I've also just completed an article for a CW related website that, hopefully, will be posted soon. That will, in short order, be followed by another. I'm also in the early stages of gathering research materials for another CW related book I hope to start on as soon as the Lexington book is completed. I'm very excited about that one as it's topic has not really been addressed in any detail.

In addition to all that, I've also been collecting information about Black Confederate and Confederate slaves. I plan to write a book about that topic, but come at it from an angle which, I hope, will be unique from what you read on the "pro" and "anti" blogs and websites regarding that subject. I've been reading quite a bit lately about self-publishing and I may use Amazon's CreateSpace to publish that particular book. We'll see.

4 comments:

Brock Townsend said...

Black Confederate and Confederate slaves

Here is a search on *Needham, but ignore the first link.

http://www.namsouth.com/search.php?mode=results&sid=c4a39f5859ebca5610e274cfff251649

*The Body Servant of my great uncle who notified my great grandfather of Lee's Surrender, surrendered with my great grandfather and great uncle at Appomattox, and walked home with my great grandfather to Pittsboro, NC. The family also had a relationship after the War.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

I think there's a bunch of hooey coming from both sides of this debate - for agenda reasons. I addressed some aspects of this in my book about Jackson and his Sunday school class.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous - thanks for the research tip on Black Confederates. I'll keep that info confidential though. Looks like a good resource. I also have another one that is EXCELLENT. It's one I've never seen mentioned anywhere and it is quite extensive. I'm amazed on one else has, to my knowledge, ever mentioned it.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Anon - something else I've noticed about this debate. The "anti" crowd tends to ignore certain resources which don't fully support their arguments, which is exactly what they accuse (and rightfully so) the "pro" side of. Both sides have damaged their credibility on the whole debate.