20 July 2012

An Academic Speaks The Painful Truth

Unlike Barack Obama, I don't feel indebted to the Ivy League after the fact.  In truth, I would have been better off attending a community college for two years, learning a trade, and transferring for a Bachelor's to Buffalo State College like all the other black and Latino people I knew when I was in high school.  In terms of simple scholastic achievement, I learned more about world history, foreign languages, writing, and math in four years at a public high school than I would learn at an Ivy League campus, where everyone would prove too busy getting into secret societies, a cappella choruses, college dramas, and liberal activist groups to do much study of great books. ~ Robert Oscar Lopez

More here at the American Thinker.

No comments: