04 August 2012

Front Porch Pickin' #23 - Goin' Back To Old Virginia

I've never lived more than 10 miles from the spot I was born in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley. My father, grandfathers, great-grandfathers, and great-great grandfathers are all buried within 10 miles of where I was born and where I now live. I've never left, but I love this song. As always, our Front Porch Pickin' series brings you the very best in Southern Appalachian bluegrass, gospel, and traditional music. Get your culture here. Click on the play button below.

Going Back To Old Virginia

2 comments:

13thBama said...

If I may be so bold, here is a version for those of us "up here in the north" :)

http://youtu.be/KS4WVAOeFZg

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Oh yes. Bobby Horton does a great version of that song as well.