25 January 2013

Lexington & The Civil War - Cover First Look


Covers are tricky things when it comes to books. We all have different tastes. Overall, I think the industry has come a LONG way in recent years in making covers eye-appealing and the History Press is, in my opinion, one of the best when designing covers for their books. Though this cover isn't exactly what I had in mind, I'm happy with it. I'm less picky than I used to be. So, what do you think? Chime in - good or bad. 

Shortly before the book is published, I'll post some introductory comments about some of what's in it and the purpose of the book. At that point, I'll also reveal the "mystery historian" who contributed an essay about a particular subject involving the WBTS and Lexington. That should raise a few eyebrows. ;-) Book video coming soon as well. In the meantime, feel free to post or email me any questions about it. 

And, just to keep me "in the saddle", I submitted another book proposal today to a publisher. This is one I've been wanting to write for some time. More to come once I get the green light - assuming I get the green light.

11 comments:

Brother Juniper said...

Congratulations, Richard. I look forward to the reading (and assume you'll be selling autographed copies for all your fans).

Butch Smiley said...

Richard,

The cover is a fine one. I'm sure the book's content will be excellent. I'm looking forward to reading it. Good luck!

Butch Smiley
Staunton

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Bro. J - thanks and Yes!

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Thanks Butch!

13thBama said...

I can't wait to get my hands on it. Will you be sending one to Kevin and Michael?

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

13B - money talks. ;o) Kevin has already congratulated me.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Hello Michael - yes, they're great to work with and they really know their market.

StaceyJeannette said...

I think the cover looks great! Would like to read it when it's available.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Thanks Stacey - send John by and I'll get you a copy!

Lindsay said...

Oh, I think this cover is just beautiful! Very appealing and really catches the eye. Nice work, I am thrilled at the opportunity to read another work by you Richard!

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Thanks Lindsay.