21 April 2013

Lexington Book Off To A Good Start

My book about Lexington and the Civil War appears to be off to a good start. The book is currently being offered at the following locations: Lee Chapel Museum Shop, the Old Court House Museum Shop, Washington & Lee University Bookstore, and the Waynesboro Heritage Foundation. Other shops are reviewing the book for consideration.

As previously noted, the speaking event for the Friends of the Preston Library on the campus of Virginia Military Institute went very well. While I was there, I also received an invitation to speak at the Rockbridge County Civil War Roundtable's meeting this coming November. I spoke to that organization back in 2006 when my book about Stonewall Jackson and his black Sunday school was published. My home is only about 30 minutes from Lexington, so I visit there quite often for both pleasure and business. 

As always, it was an honor to speak on the hallowed ground of "the Institute."

No comments: