03 May 2013

Justice Clarence Thomas On "The Elites"


". . . I guess I’ve always thought there would be black coaches, heads of universities -- maybe again as I said I’m naïve but the thing I always knew is that it would have to be a black president who was approved by the elites and the media because anybody that they didn’t agree with, they would take apart. And that will happen with virtually -- you pick your person, any black person who says something that is not the prescribed things that they expect from a black person will be picked apart. You can pick anybody, don’t pick me, pick anyone who has decided not to go along with it; there’s a price to pay. So, I always assumed it would be somebody the media had to agree with."~ Justice Clarence Thomas

4 comments:

ropelight said...

Although Justice Thomas was responding to a simple question, he allowed his comments to reflect lessons from his own experience and unfortunately opened the door for another high tech lynching.

Thomas' remarks can easily be construed by political opponents as an ugly insinuation that Barack Obama occupies the Big House only on the approval of elites and their media minions, which carries all the traditional weight in the black community of a highly charged and very specific racial slur.

Justice Thomas says he doesn't like politics at all but his remarks just might put him at the center of a major political mud slinging storm whether he likes it or not.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Oh, I think he relishes it. There's not an liberal intellectual elite in the U.S. who can hold a candle to Thomas. He'd crush them in any debate. What's he care, he's got a lifetime appointment anyway. ;o)

ropelight said...

I agree that Justice Thomas could more than hold his own in a fair debate where he could defend his statements and respond to accusations, but I don't expect he'll ever get that opportunity.

I anticipate a coordinated campaign of character assassination, name calling, and mud slinging to erupt on Leftist TV talk shows featuring the elite's media minions in full Journalista attack mode.

We'll know soon enough, Al Shaprton comes on at 6pm tonight, and this is an opportunity I don't believe he can pass up.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

"on Leftist TV talk shows"

Yes and I'm sure they're viewers will love it. All 14 of them.