If you are student in the Hempstead Public Schools, you may need some help in learning literacy. The Long Island, N.Y. district released a summer reading list that is replete with more than 30 errors. Some of the more egregious mistakes include:
1. F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby is listed as "The Great Gypsy."The experts lead the way.
2. Authors Emily Bronte and Charlotte Bronte, who wrote Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre respectively, are listed with the last name Bonte.
3. Animal Farm author George Orwell is named George Ornell.
4. The Chosen author Chaim Potok has the last name Dotok.
5. Alice Sebold’s novel The Lovely Bones is listed as "The Lovely Bone." (Fido, where are you?)
6. Romeo and Juliet and West Side Story have their author as listed as Norris Houghton (the publisher).