23 March 2015

Justice Clarence Thomas & Yankee Elites

Some northern elite recently mentioned Justice Clarence Thomas in regards to the Texas license plate/free speech case as the case heads to the Supreme Court. It was, in my opinion, a rather cheap shot. I don't know if Justice Thomas has tipped his hand in regards to how he feels about the display of the Confederate flag on state-issued license plates, but we do know how Justice Thomas feels about elitists, particularly those from north of the Mason-Dixon:
Contrary to the stereotype of southerners as racist, Thomas said he has overcome more discrimination in the North than in the South.
“The worst I have been treated was by northern liberal elites,” he said. “The absolute worst I have ever been treated. The worst things that have been done to me, the worst things that have been said about me, by northern liberal elites, not by the people of Savannah, Georgia.”

No comments: