|Engraving of Lexington, Virginia by Casimir Bohn showing the campus of Virginia Military Institute circa 1857.|
The Rockbridge (County) Civil War Roundtable is probably one of the best and most active Civil War related organizations in Virginia. Their meetings - held on the VMI Campus - are always well-attended with lively audience participation. I've had the pleasure of speaking to the group twice thus far. Here's the lineup for the 2015 Speaker's Schedule:
- January 21- Dr. Barton Myers- "Partisan Rangers- The Confederacy's Authorized Guerilla Service"
- February 18- Meeting Cancelled due to inclement weather
- March 18- Dennis Wood- "The Irish in the Civil War"
- April 15- Dr. Holt Merchant-" Laurence H. Keitt0South Carolina Fire Eater"
- May 20- Dr. Irvin Hess-" The Impact of 'The Burning' on Shenandoah Families
- June 17- Richard Williams- "The Battle of Waynesboro"
- July/August- On Summer Furlough
- September 16-Bob O'Connor- "James E. Hanger-First Confederate Amputee and his Prosthetic Legacy"
- October 21- Brian Wills- "Nathan Bedford Forrest"
- November 18-John V. Quarstein- "The Capture of Fort Fisher"
- December 16-"Col. Keith Gibson-"175 Years of VMI History"
For more details, email Mr. Leon Johenning, President of the RCWT @ firstname.lastname@example.org