28 May 2015

My "Rebel Yell" Essay

I just received confirmation that my 3rd (and probably last) essay for the online Civil War history resource, Essential Civil War Curriculum, has just completed peer review and the reviewer's comments were: "A good essay with some great quotations. The resources section is excellent too."
The Essential Civil War Curriculum is a Sesquicentennial project of the Virginia Center for Civil War Studies at Virginia Tech. It is sponsored by two eminent Civil War scholars and authors, Dr. James I. (Bud) Robertson and Professor William C. (Jack) Davis both Professors at Virigina Tech. The Executive Director and Editor of the website is Mr. J.L.D. (Laurie) Woodruff of Toronto Ontario. The site content is subject to rigorous quality control with all essays and resources peer reviewed by a member of our Board of Historians who are today's foremost Civil War scholars.
My latest piece is about the Rebel Yell. I'll post a link as soon as it's live on the ECWC website. As noted, this will likely be my last essay for this very worthy project. I also wrote a piece about the Stonewall Brigade and another one about Civil War chaplains. It's been an honor and privilege to be able to contribute. And the project's Executive Director & Editor, Mr. Laurie Woodruff, has been a joy to work with. Without his commitment and enthusiasm the project never would have succeeded. It truly is a great resource for obtaining a good working knowledge of the Civil War and related history. I highly recommend it.

There are several other projects I'm working feverishly to complete, including the long promised (and long delayed) review of Kent Masterson Brown's documentary about Daniel Boone, another piece for a leading Civil War print publication and a product review for a relic/treasure hunting magazine.

These smaller writing projects are rather fun after writing and publishing 2 books since 2011. I'm trying to settle on my next book project, but can't seem to make up my mind between 3 different topics.

No comments: