19 July 2015

My Interview with Scott Patchan

About my latest book, The Battle of Waynesboro.

A few excerpts from the opening of the interview:
Richard Williams grew up in the Wayne Hill [sic] area of Waynesboro in the Shenandoah Valley, site of the last significant battle action during the Civil War. He is quite knowledgeable of the local area and even though the battlefield has been consumed by 20th Century development, Mr. Williams knows the area well enough to enable the reader to get an understanding of the battle. 
And . . .
When we get to the battle, the narrative starts clicking, and the author does a commendable job in relaying the story of the actual battle of Waynesboro in a clear and concise manor. 
Shen1864:      Tell readers about your passion for the battle of Waynesboro and how it drove you to write this book:

R. Williams:  Waynesboro is my hometown, as well as that of my father, my grandparents and my great-grandparents. Those roots were a large part of the motivation, along with the fact I serve on the board of our local museum, grew up on the battlefield (actually born on it) and the battle’s sesquicentennial being commemorated in 2015.
Scott is a noted Civil War author and historian. I sincerely appreciate his taking the time to talk with me about my book. You can read the complete interview at Scott's blog here: Shenandoah 1864.

No comments: