31 July 2015

Of God & Pirates

Besides revisiting Shelby Foote's Civil War narrative, I also started reading Pirate Hunters: Treasure, Obsession, and the Search for a Legendary Pirate Ship last night. It is truly a page turner and difficult to put down. I stayed up an hour later than I intended to last night because I was hooked with the introduction. If you love history and adventure and tales of treasure, you'll love this book. I'm only into chapter 4, but thus far would give it 4.5 stars. And I love this epigraph at the beginning of the book:
"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." ~ Mark Twain
The book was just released last month. Great summer reading. Author's website. If time allows and I catch up other promised reviews, I'll do a complete review once I've finished reading it.

No comments: