18 October 2015

Relic Hunting Post #135 - Recent Recoveries During a Busy Time

In the last two weeks I've led a Battle of Waynesboro Tour, interviewed a legendary relic hunter and Civil War artillery authority, spoken to the Roanoke Civil War Roundtable and scouted a Confederate winter camp here in the Valley for relics.

I'm still trying to get some direction for my next book. I've actually started files on four different books, but just can't settle on one. In addition, I've been busy with some magazine articles and research, including several new relic hunting sites which will potentially tie in with one or two of the books I'm thinking about.

Recent relic recoveries from a dug in Confederate winter camp: Civil War cuff button back, eagle button, camp lead and a tent grommet.

No comments: