13 November 2015

What is Not Education

The students in this video block and assault a fellow student and member of the media from taking photos on public property. Gee, I wonder who taught them that? Certainly they didn't learn that from their objective professors? Uh-oh, wait a minute . . . after student journalist Tim Tai is pushed, shoved and intimidated by the mob, another person kept filming inside an area designated the "safe place" (how ironic is that?). As this person was filming, he asked a professor: 

"I’m media, can I talk to you?" 

"No, you need to get out! You need to get out!" the professor shouted as she grabbed the camera. When the man correctly informed her that he was allowed to be there, the professor called for some "muscle." 

"Hey, who wants to help me get this reporter out of here! I need some muscle over here," she said. Wow, she sounds violent to me. Please, someone show me my safe place.

So I guess these students are learning this type of conduct from their professors. Or maybe this is just another example of "projected fantasies." One website notes the woman requesting "muscle" is, "a professor of 'audience studies, theories of gender and sexuality, and media literacy. Current research projects involve 50 Shades of Grey readers, the impact of social media in fans’ relationship with Lady Gaga, masculinity and male fans, messages about class and food in reality television programming, and messages about work in children’s television programs.'"

Perfect. Your student loan debt at work.

Now that's a fantasy I couldn't even project.




The professor has since issued a public apology and resigned. Oh, and this just in. The "professor" has had assault charges filed against her, as well as "a formal complaint with the Title IX office."Like I said in a previous post, Karma's a b*tch.

No comments: