28 December 2015

Old Virginia Blog & Gettysburg College

As I alluded to in an earlier post, there are a lot of exciting things going on behind the scenes here at Old Virginia Blog as it relates to my work here, my writing and my research. The recent piece at Emerging Civil War was part of that. All of this, in addition to my ongoing study and research, is keeping me rather busy.

As part of this additional work, I'm now pleased to announce that I was contacted by independent historian Dr. Joan Zenzen last September and invited to participate in an oral history project she is working on with Professor Pete Carmichael at the Civil War Institute at Gettysburg College. The hour-long plus interview was completed in October and focused on my "Confederate heritage perspective and also [my] journey as a blogger."

Joan and I had an interesting and enjoyable chat and I appreciate Professor Carmichael's effort in including diverse views on this topic (as it relates to the Sesquicentennial). It was an honor to participate. 

I hope to have two more big announcements to make some time in January. Happy New Year.


Brian said...

Hi Richard,

Is the interview available online ?


Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Brian - I don't believe so. At least not at this time. Thanks for asking. I'll inquire as to when/if will be at some time in the future.

Happy New Year!