22 November 2016

My Latest Article in North South Trader's Civil War


I've been a reader of the award winning North South Trader's Civil War (on and off) for many years now. And I've been a faithful subscriber for about 6 years. It is, in my opinion, the best WBTS magazine being published today. NSTCW's masthead clearly states it's target audience: "The magazine for collectors & historians." Specifically . . .

North South Trader's Civil War is a bimonthly magazine for collectors, researchers, relic hunters, and historians of the War Between the States. Each heavily illustrated issue contains a host of well-researched articles about a wide variety of artifacts, from uniforms and weaponry to belt plates and buttons. We also offer regular features about events in the field, reproduction and fake alerts, artifact identification, and recently excavated finds. Our format is lively, informative, and scholarly yet eminently readable.

If you're a collector or have an interest in the history and the surviving artifacts of the greatest conflict in American history, you won't want to miss an issue of this award-winning publication!
So it goes without saying that I'm thrilled to have an article published in their most recent issue. An added (and unexpected) honor is that my essay is appearing in the magazine's 40th anniversary issue.

My essay was actually adapted from material in my latest book, The Battle of Waynesboro. I received my comp copies of the magazine today. I have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

Phil said...

Congratulations.

I was not familiar with the magazine and am glad you posted about it on your blog.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Phil - Thanks. It's a great magazine and is refreshingly free of the PC nonsense, bias and moral preening you see in so many other CW publications these days.

Jine said...

That's a great article to grace the 40th Anniversary issue, Rick. Congratulations on a job very well done.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Thanks Doug, I appreciate it.