23 March 2017

Interviewing A Legend


I had a most enjoyable and interesting experience visiting and interviewing Robert "Bob" Driver about his latest book recently. Bob is a retired Lt. Colonel (USMC) and was, for more than 30 years, President of one of the most active Civil War Roundtables in the United States: The Rockbridge (County) Civil War Roundtable. I've spoken for the group in Lexington a number of times myself. Bob is somewhat of a legend around Lexington and Rockbridge County and is, perhaps, the most knowledgeable about the area's WBTS history. 

I had the privilege of visiting Bob in his Brownsburg, Virginia home (circa 1795) and discussing, in addition to his book, other points of interest regarding local history. I'll post the interview and book review here once complete.

On a related note, I snapped this photo as I headed back home on one of the scenic Shenandoah Valley back roads.



No comments: