Forty-two percent of Southerners said to leave Civil War memorials alone, according to the poll released Wednesday. While 28 percent said to add a plaque for context and historical interpretation, nearly one-fourth want to move the statutes to a museum. Only 5 percent want to remove them completely.Source.
In other news . . .
- I hope to have my 4th essay for the Virginia Center for Civil War Studies at Virginia Tech completed after the recent peer review and suggested edits.
- I have an article coming out in American Digger Magazine this coming spring and just completed another article for Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine.
- Over Christmas, I hope to be able to finish producing the Youtube video about the British cartridge box plate I recovered earlier this year.
- I'll announce some exciting news about the Waynesboro Heritage Museum.
- I'm still tweaking the new website, but plan to have it fully functional and will begin posting there regularly by the first of the year. There will be some design revisions before that happens. I'm really excited about the new site and the new direction.
- I'll cross post here for a while before retiring this blog.
- I hope to finish the proposal for my next book which will be considered by a major publishing house.
- I'll post some interesting research I recently completed regarding my ancestry and Roger Williams.