As President of Washington College, General Lee once said, "We have but one rule here, and it is that every student be a gentleman." We have that one too, but allow me to elaborate:
2. If you want your comment posted, don't say something stupid. In other words, think before you comment.
3. No cussin' or acting ugly. Just remember the manners your Mama taught you and you should be fine.
4. Accusing someone of being a Nazi or a racist simply because they disagree with your historical interpretation (or offer a different perspective) of the War Between the States--or any other aspect of American history--will get you permanently banned from commenting here. No clemency. No pardons. You're history, no pun intended.
5. We encourage gentlemanly disagreements, even heated ones, but please refer to rules 1 - 4
6. The host retains the right to make up more rules as we go along and to reject your comment just because he feels like it.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
And, of course, all opinions expressed by the host are the sole views, opinions, and responsibility of the host and no one else. Such views and opinions expressed do not represent the views of any organization or other person(s) with which the host may be affiliated. The host does not necessarily agree, support, nor otherwise promote the views, comments, or positions of any other person or organization quoted or linked to from this blog.